Review: Savor: A Chef's Hunger for More

Savor: A Chef's Hunger for More Savor: A Chef's Hunger for More by Fatima Ali
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I first came across Fatima on her season of top chef. She was tenacious and more than a little pig-headed based on how they edited the show. I read this book because it was honestly a gut punch to learn that she had died of cancer. She was so young. I can't help thinking, if she had chosen to make her career in a country with universal health care could it have made a difference?

This book takes you through her short life from soup to nuts. Or from dahl to sushi. I listened to this on audio because I knew I wouldn't get through it as a physical book. As it is I spent months listening to the audio. It contains both her perspectives and her mother's on key events from her life.

View all my reviews
Labels:

No comments: